2D Lab Checklist
The Evergreen State College has two 2D labs on campus: the 2D Multi-Use Lab in Com 309, and the 2D Rotoscope Lab in Lib 1408. While the two labs have some differences in devices and use, the following checklist applies to both.
Follow this checklist every time you use the lab.
Look at the Basic 2D Animation article for details on the steps below
- Sign the log book.
- Get your artwork ready.
- Power on the camera and lights. Make sure that the camera is set to Manual (M).
- Power on the computer.
- Open Dragonframe. Make a new project or open an existing one.
- Set Aspect Ratio masks.
- Set camera settings with Dragonframe
- Focus the lens.
- Set exposure.
- Turn off overhead lights and check for reflections.
- Animate your sequence.
- Back up files to Orca
- Record your exit time in the log book as you leave.