3D Lab Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
- Read through the 3D Lab manual and answer the questions provided.
- Write out the answers and bring them with you to your proficiency test. No answers, no proficiency.
- What is the first thing you should do when you come into the lab?
- What are two things you must do when you are working with messy materials in the lab?
- Where can you construct your sets and puppets?
- Can you store your sets/equipment/materials in the lab?
- What should you do if a bulb explodes?
- Is the bash light on during the hi-res image capture?
- When you have a complex lighting and scenery setup what should you do?
- Leave all your sets, lights and equipment hanging up after your scheduled time and come back and get them later so that no one else can use the space.
- Waste valuable animation time tearing down and setting up sets every time you have a work session.
- Schedule a large chunk of time with the lab aide to complete your production.
- Where can you save files?
- What should you do if you are having problems in the lab?
- What are four things that you must always do when you are done using the lab?
- During the proficiency the student will follow the steps in the Basic Animation 3D article
- Set up bash light
- Demonstrate depth of field and f-stop relationship.
- Experiment with lighting, gels, cookies etc
- Change Lenses
- Export a video and copy to Orca or another server.