From Help Wiki
- The 3D printers are set up in the Library building L1523.
- On the first floor on the Library building walk past the Multimedia Lab and take a left at the garbage/recycling area. There is a sign labeled "24-Hour Suites".
- For more information contact Aaron Kruse
- The 3D Printer room is scheduled at Media Loan or the Multimedia Lab.
- Media Loan is located at Library 2504 or you can call 360-867-6253.
- The room is available 24 hours seven days a week but you need to schedule time and checkout the key while Media Loan is open.
- Here are the Media Loan Policies and the scheduling policies.
- Use the time that you have scheduled.
- There are late fees for over due keys so return the keys on time.
- If you schedule time when the building is closed Media Loan will give you an extra key FOB to open the Library Building exterior door.
Makerbot Replicator 2
- There is one Makerbot Replicator 2 printer in the room.
- Use the Makerbot software to export your model as an X3G for the Replicator 2
- Transfer your files onto the printer with the SD cards.
- There is one Lulzbot Mini.
- Connect to it with the Cura application on the computer in the room with a USB cable.
- Use only Cura with the Lulzbot; make sure it's configured for the Lulzbot Mini.
- The Makerbot software is installed if you need to convert files.
- There is a memory card reader for loading files on to SD cards.
- It is OK to prop the door open while printing is you are in the room or in the hallway.
- If you leave the area while printing make sure to close the door.
- Do not leave for more than 15 minutes. The printers can jam and stop printing.
- You'll need to copy the X3G file to the SD card. There is a computer with an memory card reader in the room.
- Make sure that there is enough filament on the spool and that it feeds freely.
- Don't make the filament very loose on the spool--it can tangle and bind up
- Use the key pad to choose "Build from SD". find the file and print.
- The printer will heat the extruder, draw an initial line and start the print
Problems to Watch for
- Watch the first two layers closely to make sure that they stick to the bed.
- If the first layer fails, cancel the print, clear the bed and try again.
- Watch for print not sticking to the bed.
- Watch and listen for the feed stopping. This often makes a repeating clicking sound and no plastic coming out of the nozzle.
- Continuously check that the filament is feeding off of the spool.
If Things Go Wrong
- If there are problems with the printer go to the Multimedia Lab or contact Aaron Kruse
- Do not try to do repairs or maintenance on the printers.