New Employee Information
Computing Resources for New Employees
Who do I call? Start with the IT HELP DESK at extension 6627. Depending on the issue, the help desk technicians are able to solve just about any problem that you might be having. If your question is application specific, like Banner, they’ll make sure that a systems analyst is assigned to work with you.
Ten most important things you should know about computer security
- Do not share your computer passwords with anyone.
- Do not write down your computer passwords in order to prevent others from finding them.
- Use strong passwords; use a minimum of eight characters, include numbers, change case
- Secure your machine by logging out or by using a password protected screen saver.
- Use secure network folders to save your data when possible
- Don't download or install software not related to your function at the college.
- Don't click on links or open attachments in e-mail messages that you were not expecting.
- Don't store personal identifiable information (SSN, birthdates, credit card number, etc..) on your computer or portable electronic devices.
- Don't trust anyone who asks for a password or personal infomation via e-mail or phone.
- If you think your college computer may have a virus, call the TSS Help Desk at ext. 6627
Other Things you should know
- Evergreen IT Appropriate Use policy ~ http://www.evergreen.edu/policies/policy/appropriateuseofinformationtechnologyresources
- Washington State IT Security Awareness video ~ http://www.evergreen.edu/employment/training.htm
Who else can I ask for help?
- You can always contact the Faculty/Staff Technology help desk at X6627
How do I request a Faculty, Staff or Guest account?
- The hiring supervisors must put in an account request by going to:
http://wikis.evergreen.edu/computing/index.php/Computer_Account_Request_Form and filling out the form with all the proper details