Protect Website Email Addresses from Spammers
Using the Evergreen MailForm
The reason this is better than a simple mailto:email@example.com is that it can't get picked up by spammers so it protects your email address and also, it allows students to contact you if they are using a computer other than their own (which is often the case in our computer labs).
The best way to do this is to use the following url
- where youralias is replace with your Evergreen alias (the part of your email before @evergreen.edu)
- replace FirstName and LastName with your first and last name
So on your Drupal or Moodle contact page you would:
- create some text i.e. "Contact the faculty"
- Highlight it and click the link icon in the rich text tools
- Paste the above link in the link URL field
- For other techniques see: http://istpub.berkeley.edu:4201/bcc/Winter2003/feat.spamharvest.html