Registration Overview for New Students
From Help Wiki
To register for class, a new Evergreen student must:
- Activate your my.evergreen.edu account. See Logging in for the First Time. This activation is required for all new students.
- Pay $50 tuition deposit. This deposit will be credited to your first quarter tuition. Web Payment site for students. Web Payment site for parents or other authorized users.
- Attend a required Academic Planning Workshop. If you can't attend this required workshop until after you register for class, that's OK. Don't wait to register!
- Fulfill Evergreen's measles immunization documentation requirement. See the Health Center site for details. Here is the immunization form, also usable as a waiver of this immunization requirement.
- Review the curriculum: Full-Time Programs and Evening and Weekend Studies. See How to Read a Program Description.
- Make registration choices. If you want some help, don't hesitate to contact Academic Advising at 360.867.6312, or email Advising.
- Obtain faculty registration approval, if needed. The faculty approval does not register you, nor does it guarantee you a space in their program.
- Check your registration time ticket and status. For Fall Quarter, registration happens in May. For other quarters, registration happens three to four weeks before the quarter begins.
- Attend the Academic Fair, at which many of the faculty teaching upcoming classes gather together in the Gymnasium to answer questions. Academic Fair schedule.
- Class schedules are typically available online approximately one month prior to the start of the quarter. Visit www.evergreen.edu/classschedules.
- Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) are available within each class description in the online catalog. Note that different CRNs can apply for different terms, for different student levels, and for different credit amounts, so browse CRNs carefully!
- As soon as your registration time arrives, login with your CRNs written down (and approvals in place, if needed) and register.
- Waitlists can be very confusing. Please read the Waitlist Guide if you find that you must place yourself on a waitlist.
- You can check your complete registration details online at any time. This will also show you any of your waitlist positions.
- Remember that the tuition deadline is at the end of the first week of each quarter - Friday by 4 pm.