From Help Wiki
- There are two rotoscoping stations.
- 2D Animation Rotoscope Lib (L1408) which also has a capture stand.
- Animation Rotoscope (Com 310A) which is only for rotoscoping.
- use liquids or messy materials on the table.
- kick the projector
- touch the glass lens
- change projector menu settings
- unplug anything
- power up and shut down projector properly
- double-check projector screen dimensions and focus
- create a guide frame
Using the Rotoscope
- Log into the log book and note that you used the rotoscope section
- Turn on the main power switch on the desk,
- Turn on the computer,
- Then, turn on the projector. The projector will take a few moments to warm up.
Lib 2d Roto
- The data projector is recognized as a third monitor on the left-most side.
- Click the monitor icon in the menu bar, and make sure that Mirror Displays is checked.
- Click the monitor icon in the menu bar, and confirm that the resolution of the data projector image is set to 1024x768 @ 60hz.
- There is only one monitor and the projector.
- The computer should default to mirroring enabled and be set to 1024x768.
- To change the resolution and mirroring settings, click the monitor icon in the menu bar.
- Open your footage in QuickTime and position the video monitor so that it is displayed on the rotoscope station with the desired dimensions.
- On the projector, adjust the zoom and the focus on the edges of the lense.
- Note: the zoom is adjusted by twisting the lens closer to the projector body, and the focus is adjusted by twisting the ring at the end of the lens.
- Adjust the positioning of the animation registration board on the table.
- Create a guide frame using a piece of paper to line up your artwork at a later time.
- Use the left and right arrow keys of the keyboard to navigate through each frame.
- Use the 4 and 5 keys of the Dragonframe remote to navigate through each frame.
- Shut down the projector by pressing the power button until the display is black .
- The fan inside the projector will run for a while to allow the lamp to cool down.
- For the Library 2D Rotoscoping bench, turn mirroring off.
- Shut down the computer and turn off the main power switch on the desk.
- Record any problems in the log book.
- Video footage that is displayed on the left-hand computer monitor is projected up onto the drawing surface of the stand.