Stereo to Mono - PE
If you have a stereo audio file or a stereo audio track in a video file and you only want to use the left or right channel Premiere Elements has limited ways of accomplishing this.
A common a example would be a stereo file with audio on the left channel and silence on the right channel.
- The Fill from Left or Fill form Right audio effects can be used to duplicate the audio from one channel to another.
- For example, if the file has narration on the left and silence on the right the Fill from Left effect would duplicate the left channel audio to the right channel.
- Select the audio clip in the Timeline.
- Click on the Edit tab and select the Effects panel.
- Select Audio Effects from the pull down menu.
- Drag the Fill from Left or Fill form Right effect on the clip in the Timeline.
- Now the audio will playback on both channels. The waveform display in the Timeline will only show audio on one channel.
- Leave the Balance for the clip set to the center in the Audio Mixer or the Properties panel. Changing this setting interferes with the effect.