UDOIT Accessibility Checker
What is UDOIT?
The Universal Design Online content Inspection Tool, or UDOIT (pronounced, “You Do It”) is a third-party application that is available for use from your Canvas site's Course Navigation menu. (The UDOIT navigation tab is not visible to students.)
- UDOIT enables faculty to identify accessibility issues in their Canvas course content.
- It will scan a course, generate a report, and provide resources on how to address common accessibility issues.
UDOIT was created by the Center for Distributed Learning (CDL) at the University of Central Florida (CDL).
What does it do?
UDOIT will identify “errors” and provide “suggestions” in the following areas of your course:
- Files (i.e., .html files)
- Module URLs
It will check for the appropriate use of the following:
- Use of headings in page structure
- Alternative text for images
- Table headers
- Color contrast
- Descriptive link text
- Video captions
Please note: some items cannot be examined by UDOIT.
These include external documents and some videos/audio files for captioning/transcripts.
How to use UDOIT
To scan your site and check for accessibility issues:
- Click on “UDOIT” in the Course Navigation menu of your Canvas site.
- A pop-up window should appear, asking you to authorize app access to your (Canvas) account. (See: Screenshot 1)
- Click the blue “Authorize” button.
- After you have authorized, the “Welcome to UDOIT!” page should appear.
- Under the “Scan Course” tab, click on the “Run scanner” bar at bottom.
- Stay on the page while scanning.
- When scanning is complete, review the report to make revisions as needed.
- TIP: If your course contains a lot of content, try scanning items separately rather than all at once.
For more information and a 3-minute instructional video:
Please see this guide, UDOIT: Universal Design Online content Inspection Tool.
If you are unable to authorize the app, or encounter a different issue with UDOIT, please try a different browser and let us know what works for you via Canvas Help or help.evergreen.edu.
We are working toward resolving the authorization/browser bug and really appreciate your time and help with troubleshooting this issue.