From Help Wiki
Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. It lives right where you do your work - in the web browser itself.
Getting Started with Zotero
Make sure you’ve reviewed http://www.zotero.org/support/ it’s a great place to get started with Zotero.
- Zotero is a Firefox extension – it resides in your browser. To install Zotero see: http://www.zotero.org/support/installation
- Zotero also has Word processor integration so that you have access to your bibliographic data while writing. See http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_integration
- Zotero data resides on your harddrive within your Firefox profile. Details about this are outlined in this FAQ http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
- You can also create an account at zotero.org and synchronize your data so that you can access it from any computer. See http://www.zotero.org/support/sync
- Video tutorials of more advanced functions are located at http://www.zotero.org/support/screencast_tutorials