16mm Film Projector Proficiency Test
Answers may be found in the 16mm Film Projector Operating Guide. Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency. Call (360) 867-6253 if you have any questions.
- What are the extra supplies you need to check out when checking out a projector?
- Where is the power cable located and how do you put away the cable?
- List the steps involved in setting up and auto-threading the projector, from loading the film to adjusting the sound.
- Which way should the film come off the supply reel, clockwise or counterclockwise? What are sprockets and should they be facing towards you or away from you when loading film?
- What is the function of the still picture clutch?
- Describe the different functions of the motor control knob. How do you run the projected forward? How do you run it backward?
- How do you rewind film? Can this be done before the film has run all the way through?
- How do you adjust the height of the projector?
- How do you insert and focus the lens?
- The projector lenses come separate from the projector (Don't forget to ask for one.) Media Loan carries lenses with focal lengths of 16 (wide angle), 25, 38, 50, and 76mm (telephoto). Explain how the differences between these effect the projection and what scenario you would use either a wide angle or telephoto lens.
- Who is 100% financially responsible for checked out Media Loan equipment?
To be done during your scheduled appointment at Media Loan.
- Identify all the parts and controls on the projector.
- Use the film cutter and auto-thread a film through the projector.
- Manually thread a film through the projector.
- Adjust the sound volume and tone controls.
- Demonstrate how to run the projector in reverse.
- Operate the frame hold control and framing lever
- Rewind the film onto the supply reel.