APS Bolex 16mm Reflex Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Please read manual and complete written portion of test prior to operational proficiency. Bring answers with you with your name and TESC ID number clearly indicated to workshop or proficiency test.
- What other accessories are necessary to check out when checking out a Bolex.
- List the four steps necessary to set the diopter adjustment.
- What is the range of frames per second (FPS) that the Bolex is capable of shooting. How does changing the FPS effect the look of the film?
- What is the standard frame rate for shooting on 16mm film?
- What kind of viewing system does the Bolex H16 employ? Describe how it works.
- Explain the difference between Bolex RX lenses and non-RX lenses. What do you need to do to compensate for the difference?
- Describe the difference between a bayonet mount and a turret mount camera.
- What is the function of the turret plug?
- List the steps necessary to load the camera.
- What is film fog and how can you avoid it?
- What should you always do before putting the Bolex away?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility in case of loss, or damage to the camera?
Operational Proficiency Test
- Identify all of the parts and control of the Bolex H16.
- Set the diopter.
- Show how to wind the camera motor
- Demonstrate how to insert and change filters in the camera.
- Set the fps at 24, set the counter at 0.
- Observe the differences between slow and fast frame rates.
- Load film in the camera.
- Demonstrate how to create a lap dissolve.
- Demonstrate extended exposure and animation features.
- Display proper lens mounting on both the turret and bayonet mount cameras.
- Properly attach a cable release.
- Demonstrate how to use a rewind.
- Wind the camera down before putting it away.