APS Sony HXR HD Camcorder Proficiency Test
Answers may be found in the APS Sony HXR HD Camcorder Operating Guide. Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency. Call 867-6253 if you have any questions. Good luck!
- What are the benefits of using an HXR rather than a Canon 6D?
- Describe how to avoid condensation from affecting the Sony HXR-NX5U.
- Describe how to supply power to the camera with a battery pack and with the AC power supply.
- Describe how to select the recording quality.
- Describe how to manually adjust the focus.
- Describe how to manually set the white balance.
- Describe how to manually adjust the iris.
- Describe how to manually adjust the shutter speed.
- Why would you use the zebra stripes?
- How many microphone inputs does this camera have?
- What is your financial responsibility when checking out the Sony HXR-NX5U from APS?
To be done during your scheduled appointment with APS Staff.
- Remove the Sony HXR-NX5U from the case and identify all the parts.
- Supply power to the camera with the AC Adapter/Charger.
- Demonstrate how to properly remove and insert the supplied memory cards.
- Set the Sony HXR-NX5U on a tripod.
- Demonstrate how to set the recording quality for each memory card.
- Set the zebra stripes to 80 IRE.
- Adjust the focus, white balance, iris and shutter speed manually.
- Adjust the audio levels manually.
- Record and play back a few minutes of footage.
- Format the memory cards.
- Remove the camera from the tripod and pack neatly in its case.