Audio Interface - Mixing Bench
From Help Wiki
This lab has a Apollo x8 audio Interface which has multiple inputs and outputs.
- On the front there are two HI-Z inputs inputs (labelled HI-Z 1 and HI-Z 2)
- Theses are for low level signal like electric guitars. Only use mono 1/4 cables.
- There are 4 XLR mic inputs on the back of the interface.
- There is a panel with 4 XLR jacks below the interface.
- These are connected to the 4 mic inputs.
- Microphones can be connected to these inputs using XLR cables (not included in the room).
- Each input has:
- Trim control knob for setting input levels
- Pad for reducing input levels
- 48V Phantom Power for powering condenser microphones
- Low cut filter.
- There are eight 1/4" line level inputs on the back.
- Theses are not connected to anything
- Outputs 1 and 2 are connected to the Mackie Big Knob monitor controller.
- The other outputs are not being used.
- The various audio applications may refer to the inputs and outputs with slightly different names.
- We have tried to set the preferences to meaningful names but sometimes they may revert back to the default names.
- Read the Apollo x8 Interface article for additional information