Audio Monitoring - Mixing Bench
Mackie Big Knob Monitor Controller.
The Mackie Big Knob monitor controller is used to select what audio source to listen to and to adjust the volume.
- The big silver knob is used to set the volume
- Source Select button:
- A = Apollo x8 audio interface
- B = Currently not used
- Mono: press down to monitor in mono.
- Mute: turns the volume all the way off.
- Dim: pressing the button lowers the volume by 20dB
- Monitor Select: Leave set to A. The up position.
The Mackie Big Knob is used to control the speaker levels
- Start with the output level down
- The silver knob is turned all the way to the left
- Set the Source Select button to A to select the Apollo 8x output.
- Start playing sound in an application.
- Slowly turn the silver knob to the right to increase the volume.
Headphones can be connected to the front of the Apollo x8
There are two headphones jacks labeled HP 1 and HP 2.
- Turn the silver output level down on the Mackie Big Knob monitor controller
- The knob is turned all the way to the left
- Turn the headphone volume down
- The is knob turned all the way to the left
- Connect headphones to the headphone jack on the Apollo x8
- Slowly turn the headphone volume knob to the right to increase the volume