Connect to academic.evergreen.edu - Windows
Web space on academic.evergreen.edu
Academic.evergreen.edu is Evergreen's legacy web server for academic and personal websites.
- We no longer support personal home pages on this server, instead students and staff may self-create websites at blogs.evergreen.edu. Faculty are encouraged to request a WordPress site at a sites.evergreen.edu.
- For academic offerings we encourage faculty to use WordPress or Canvas which may be requested using the Academic Technologies request form.
On-Campus Access to academic.evergreen.edu
- Right Click on the "My Computer" (or “Computer”) icon from the Start Menu or Desktop
- Select "Map Network Drive" (Figure 1)
- Enter \\italipas\ to access home directories or \\italipas\curricular\ to access curricular files
- Click Finish
- In the login/password enter your Evergreen username in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org and your normal password (you will not need to do this step on your office computer)
- Double-click the folder with the first letter of your username
- Double-click the folder with your login name
- You can now drag and drop files between your local hard drive and the network file space
Read and write access
Connect via FTPS
Use your favorite FTP client to connect. See Connect to academic.evergreen.edu using FTPS
Map Network Drive
- Copy URL: https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/Italipas to access home directories or https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/Italipas/curricular to access curicular files
- Double click on My Computer
- Choose "My Network Places" from the list of Other Places on the left section
- Choose "Add a Network Place" from Network Tasks. This begins the Add Network Place Wizard
- Click Next
- Select "Choose another network location". Click Next
- In the space provided, paste the URL.
- You may be prompted for your log in information, if so, provide your evergreen login . In the form email@example.com .
- You will be asked to name the network place. This can be anything you want
- The wizard will ask if you wish to open the network place when you choose finish, check or uncheck the box as desired. Click Finish
- This will create a new icon in My Network Places that corresponds to the location you just added.
- You maybe asked to authenticate (login) as you browse around. If this happens press cancel and you should see your files.
Note: Your firewall software might block the connection to the remote fileshare. If you can't connect to the filespace and have double-checked the instructions, you might need to add a firewall exception for the fileshare.