DELETE Local Knowledge - DSLR photography
- Bring your Evergreen ID with the current quarter sticker.
- Make a reservation for equipment, stop by Lib. 2504, or call (360) 867-6253.
- Test and confirm all equipment is in working order before leaving Media Loan.
- Media Loan has SEVERE LATE FINES. Return equipment on time, or call to make a renewal. Follow up with an appeal form to negate late fines.
Late Fines assessed daily, per item Equipment valued over $250 — $20.00 per day Equipment valued under $250 — $10.00 per day Keys and all equipment and accessories valued over $50 — $10.00 per day Equipment and accessories valued under $50 — $5.00 per day
- When using live view take care not to brighten the LCD screen, use in high temperatures, or for extended periods of time. Using the live view feature depletes battery life, and can cause the camera to overheat. If a thermometer icon is displayed, turn the camera off and allow to cool before using.
- Please always format the memory card before you begin shooting, and before you return equipment
- Make sure to turn off the camera before removing the memory card, or removing the battery.
There are three main modes on this camera that is set using the Mode dial. Each mode will have different features available:
- Creative Zone: Manual (M) / Aperture Priority (Av) / Shutter Priority (Tv) / Program (P)
- Basic Zone: Automatic / Automatic No Flash / Creative Auto / Portrait / Landscape / Macro / Action / Special Scene Mode (SCN)
- Movie Shooting
- Turn the camera dial to the Manual setting
- Press the Menu button and adjust the following settings: Rebel T5i Camera Settings
- In the manual camera mode press the Live View button. This will show the image on the LCD screen along with the camera settings to see adjustments live. This will result in the camera heating up faster, and increase battery depletion.
- Press the quick menu button (Q). Use the navigation buttons to select each setting, and use the scroll wheel near the shutter button to toggle settings.
Set the ISO/ASA: (film grain - light sensitivity)
- Press the ISO button and use the scroll wheel to adjust values.
- Anything above 800 will degrade the image quality and will have grain and noise.
Adjust Shutter Speed: Use the scroll wheel to change shutter speed. Anything below 1/60 of a second will need a tripod. Use a faster speed, above 1/60 of a second, for fast moving subjects to reduce motion blur.
Adjust Aperture/Iris: While pressing the A/V button, use the scroll wheel to open wider, or contract the aperture/iris. The smaller the number, the shallower the depth of field (more blurry), and more light will be exposed.
- Press the * symbol to adjust exposure - this is the same difference as adjusting the shutter speed.
- Automatic focus: set the lens switch to AF. Press and hold the shutter button halfway, when the red autofocus point is light press the shutter fully.
- Manual focus: set the lens switch to MF.
- Use the focus assist zoom button to toggle magnification x5, or x10 to do critical focus.
Set White Balance:
- Take a shot of a white piece of paper in the subject area.
- In the menu settings select that white image as the custom white balance reference.
- Press Display.
- Press Quick menu.
- Select custom white balance using the scroll wheel.
- Press Quick menu to exit.