From Help Wiki
- ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES WITH THIS INSTRUMENT!
- The chemical used (Ethidium bromide) with the instrument is a known carcinogen/mutagen. Wear gloves, and wash your hands after leaving the room.
- The software (Kodak-MI) requires a hardware key (RAINBOW USB).
- Software serial # E5-11297C-DD1913-219191
- The camera requires a FIREWIRE connection. The PC has a FireWire add-in card.
- Windows 7 picked up the camera without issue; once the camera is picked up by the OS, the Kodak software will recognize it.
- The Software (Kodak-MI) uses file based 'filters'; the software will ask the user where those filters are located --on a profile by profile basis. A script (sc-gellogic-regFix.bat) has been created that modifies the windows registry to auto map the location of those filters for users.
- The Group Policy (SC-GellogicGP) for the computer (SC-GELLOGIC-W) executes the registry hack.