Importing Still Images - PE
From Help Wiki
Premiere Elements does not copy the still image files when they are imported. Move the files into a folder within your Premiere Elements Project folder before you import them.
Importing Still Images
- Go to File > Get Media From > Files and Folders.
- Find your project folder.
- Select the folder with the images.
- Click Import.
- There might be an error message about a .DS_Store file. Ignore this and click OK.
- The folder will now appear in the Project panel. Double click the folder to see the images.
- Drag a still image into the timeline, just like with a video clip.
- Stills that do not fit the aspect ratio dimensions of the project will be automatically scaled to fit the screen and may have black bars.
- Each still clip will have a default duration of five seconds, and can be adjusted by using the edge edit tools.