Large Format (4x5) Camera Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Complete this written portion on a separate sheet of paper before arriving for your operational proficiency. The answers to these questions can be found in the Large Format (4x5) Camera Operating Guide
- What size lens do Media Loan’s Calumet 4 x 5s come equipped with? What is the angle of view for this lens?
- Name at least three other pieces of equipment patrons will need to check out with the 4 x 5 camera.
- What initial procedures must be performed to aid focusing and framing of the image on the groundglass?
- Describe how to perform tilts, swings, slides, rises and falls and how these procedures will affect the image.
- Where should you set the adjustment controls when beginning to frame the subject? Before moving a camera part, what should be done?
- What part of the camera does one move to perform the final focus?
- Describe the cleaning procedures for the two types of film holders. How often should they be cleaned? How can you tell if you’ve loaded film’ sheets correctly?
- Before loading the film holder into the camera and then before exposing your film, what should you do to keep from disturbing your image composition?
- How do you adjust exposure for the length of the camera bellows?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility when you’ve checked out this camera?
(to be done during your scheduled appointment)
- Identify all the parts and controls on the camera.
- Mount the camera on the tripod and attach any necessary equipment.
- Demonstrate focusing and framing of the subject.
- Demonstrate procedures for adjusting tilt, swing, slide, rise and fall.
- Load a film holder into the camera. Demonstrate the procedure for exposing the film.