LIB 0406 is located in the basement of the library proper. To get there, go into the library and take the elevator or stairs down, then turn to the left. The classroom will be ahead.
- To turn ON the projector, press the display "ON" button.
The button will blink while the system starts.
- On the Control Panel, press the button for your source. A solid light indicates which source is active.
- If it seems to not work, you may need to hold the button for 2 seconds.
- Press the HDMI button on the AV Control Panel
- Plug in your laptop to the provided HDMI cable
- Sound comes through the HDMI connector; make sure the volume is up on the laptop,then adjust the volume knob on the AV Control Panel to a comfortable level while you are playing sound.
- If you need an adapter to connect your laptop to the podium, please check on out at Media Loan.
- Press the VGA button on the AV Control Panel
- Plug in your laptop to the provided VGA cable
- Sound comes through the mini plug (earphone) on the VGA cable. Connect it to your earphone jack & make sure the device volume is up. When playing sound, adjust the volume knob on the AV Control Panel to a comfortable level.
- If you need an adapter to connect your laptop to the podium, please check out Media Loan.
- The AV Mute will blackout the projection and silence the sound.
- Press to mute (the color will change), press again to unmute (the button color will turn back).
Remember to turn things off when you are done!
- Press and hold the OFF button for two seconds to shut down the system.
- - Does laptop have power?
- - Is data projector turned on? (try starting again, & call x6270)
- - is the source button lit for where you are plugged in? (HDMI or VGA)
- - Has the LED above where your computer is plugged in turned from amber to green? (If it didn't turn green, make sure the cables are plugged in all the way)
- - Is room volume on AV control panel turned up to show 3 lights or more?
- - Laptop: Is the volume on the laptop turned up and source selected? (HDMI button for HDMI connection, etc?)
Assistive Listening Procedures
- This room does not have integrated listening technology installed, but there is a microphone input jack and XLR or phono plug outputs on the panel.
- These can be used to connect an extra microphone and listening equipment, or self-contained listening equipment can be used.
- Please work with [Access Services] to coordinate an extended checkout of suitable listening equipment from Media Loan.