From Help Wiki
LIB 4300 is located in the very top of the library building, looking out at the treetops. To get there, take one of the main elevators or the dragon stairs up to the fourth floor, and exit into the lobby and go down the hall to the right, all the way to where it ends at the doors for LIB 4300.
- Press any of the source buttons on the AV Control Panel to start the projector(s) and turn on the system
- Press the ‘Computer’ button on the AV Control Panel.
- Select the option you want from the touch screen on the AV Control Panel ‘Mac Mini,’ ‘VGA,’ or ‘HDMI’.
- Attach the VGA or HDMI cables to your laptop; make sure to plug in the audio plug on the VGA cable to the laptop's earphone jack for VGA.
- Press the ‘Document Camera’ button on the console attached to the podium.
- Turn on the Document Camera. Be patient, this can take up to a minute to warm up.
- Press the ‘Bluray’ button on the console attached to the podium.
- On the Bluray player, press the open button to load your disc.
- The Bluray player can also play DVD and CD discs.
- Press the ‘VCR/DVD’ button on the console attached to the podium.
- Select either VCR or DVD from the touch screen on the AV Control Panel.
- Insert VHS or DVD.
- The DVD player will also play CDs.
- The DVD player will not toast round food.
- Press the ‘Music’ button on the AV Control Panel.
- Attach the VGA audio cable to the headphone port on your device.
- Make sure the device volume is turned up, and while playing something, adjust listening level with the volume knob on the AV Control Panel.
- Press the ‘Mic Only’ button on the AV Control Panel.
- Use either the wired or wireless microphone.
- Adjust the volume on the mics through the touch screen panel.
- Microphone volume is separate from the main volume for AV sources (control mics from 'mic only', control everything else with the volume knob.
- Muting microphones is done with the mutes on this screen
- Press the ‘Mute All’ button on the AV Control Panel.
- The image should turn black and the accompanying sound become muted.
- Press ‘Mute All’ again to 'unmute'.
Remember to turn things off when you are done!
- Press the ‘System Off’ button on the console attached to the podium.
- Press ‘Power Down’ to turn off the projector(s) and system.
- - Try pressing 'Mute All' and then pressing again to unmute
- - Is data projector turned on? (try starting again, & call x6270)
- - Is the cable firmly connected to the laptop (or adapter, and adapter to laptop)
- - Is volume on AV control panel turned up enough to hear?
- - Laptop: Is the volume on the laptop turned up and source selected? (HDMI button for HDMI connection, etc?)
Assistive Listening Procedures
- This room does not have integrated listening technology installed, but there is a microphone input jack and XLR or phono plug outputs on the panel.
- These can be used to connect an extra microphone and listening equipment, or self-contained listening equipment can be used.
- Please work with [Access Services] to coordinate an extended checkout of suitable listening equipment from Media Loan.