MIT - iMovie
From Help Wiki
iMovie 2011 Multi-Cultural Counseling
Create a Project
- Launch iMovie.
- In the Project Library select the Desktop and click the plus symbol on the bottom right to create a new project.
- Select no theme, aspect ratio widescreen and click create.
- Connect the camera with a USB cable to the computer, or insert the memory card into a card reader connected to the computer.
- In iMovie click on the camera icon to bring up the import window and in the bottom left corner select the camera from the drop down menu.
- The recorded clips should appear. Check the box next to the clip(s) that you want to import into the computer and click import.
- In the import window select to save to the Desktop, create new event, and import
Note: It may take a few minutes to copy the clips into iMovie.
- Select a portion of the imported clip by using the yellow selection handles, drag either end to expand or contract the starting and ending points.
- Click and drag from the center of the clip (hand icon will appear) and move into the the project panel.
Export a File
- Once you have completed editing your clip, from the top menu Share > Export Movie.
- In the export window there will be a few options for size to export. Files must be:
- 200–300 MB or less
- 640x480 dimensions or less
In the export window hover your cursor over the info icon (i symbol) to see an estimated file size.
- Label this with your name, and save to the Desktop, and click export.
- Connect to Orca File Space Overview and save a copy in your Cubby.
- Delete files from the Desktop to maintain confidentiality of your work.