DELETE Mediaworks- Sound Effects Studio (Foley)
From Help Wiki
(Redirected from Mediaworks- Sound Effects Studio (Foley))
SFX Proficiency Guideline
- Return keys to Media Loan as soon as you are done. This greatly reduces your financial responsibilities and security risk to the studio.
- If you lose your keys report it to police services immediately
- You are to access the studio only at your scheduled time or you will lose your privileges. The computers send us a list of user logins and times.
- Time can be scheduled at Media Loan or Electronic Media
- Check out keys from Media Loan
- Do not ever under any circumstances let anyone into the studio or building. This is for security and safety reasons. If someone else forgets their keys then they need to contact police services.
- Sign in the log book, report any problems or encountered issues with the space
- No drinks or food in studio-leave them outside the door
- No open flames or smoke allowed in the studio
- Vacuum before you leave
- Replace lids on the foley pits
- Put all noise makers away in appropriate bins
- Take everything you came in with away with you. If you want to contribute items they would be appreciated. Items must be approved by Zena X5277.
- The center front pit is for organics only. You are responsible for cleaning, sanitizing and drying the pit afterwards so plan appropriately. Bring towels or paper towels. The shop vac is for dry materials only.
- Normalize the work station, turn off computer, and power down.
- You must bring your own headphones, mic cords, and microphones.
Step by Step Proficiency
- Turn On Power.
- Turn On Computer.
- Make sure Speaker Level is all the way down.
- Open your preferred DAW (Digital Performer).
- Save your project in a folder labeled with your name in the Storage folder.
- Record using inputs 1 and inputs 2 from the Motu 828 soundcard on the desk.
- Monitor using output analog 1 - 2 from your DAW (Digital Performer).
- When recording into your DAW, make sure to mute the input channel you are
recording to. This will prevent latency in your monitoring path.
- Use the talent headphone mixer for headphones. Turn up CH1 or CH2 to hear your live microphone. Turn up Playback Monitor to hear your Digital Performer project.
- Now follow the step by step cheat sheet for looping in Digital Performer: ===Sound Design in Digital Performer=== this is on the Help Wiki/Sound Effects Studio
- Back up your project on your program Orca Server or portable hard drive.
- Please normalize the room and vacuum if necessary.
- Log out and report any problems.
- Shut down computer and shut off main power on the power strip.
- Make sure to pull the door shut and make sure it's locked.
Not following these studio guidelines will result in loss of studio access.