Mediaworks - Final Cut 101
Multimedia Lab Proficiency
- Connect a card reader + memory card from your camera
- Create a folder on the User Drive with your name
- Copy the ENTIRE DCIM folder from the memory card into your folder
- Eject the memory card after copying by dragging it to the trash
Creating a Final Cut Project
Log and Transfer
- Go to File > Log and Transfer, or Shift+Command+8.
Log and Transfer Preferences
Our labs are set to convert clips from the Canon T1i and T2i to Apple ProRes 422 (LT).
Note: If you are working on Final Cut 7 from home please Aaron Kruse about installing extra software to download files from the T1/2i.
- Click the Add Volume (Command+i) and select the folder copied from the camera.
- To only import video click on the Import Settings button and uncheck audio
- To import your footage select the clip you want to transfer. Set the in and out points, set the Clip Name and Reel Name and then click ‘Add Clip to Queue’. Once placed in the Queue, media will begin to transfer.
Preview clips using the computer monitor with Digital Cinema Desktop.
- In the Viewer click on the Video Generators tab
- Select Boris > Title 3D
- Click on the Controls Tab in the Viewer and click on the Title 3D Button
- In the window that opens you'll have similar controls as a word processor for font/size/color/etc.
- Click Apply
- Back in the Viewer Window click on the Video Tab and drag into the Timeline