Mediaworks - Final Cut Final Screening
For the final screening all playback clips will need to be conformed to a common setting to streamline playback, as well as prep material to be authored into a DVD.
Playback will be performed using Quicktime Pro 7.
- Once editing is completed right click on the sequence in the browser window and select Duplicate.
- Right click on the duplicated sequence and choose Sequence Settings.
- In the bottom right of the sequence settings window click the Load Sequence Preset button.
- Choose the preset:
- Apple ProRes 422 (LT)
- 1920x1080 60i
After changing sequence settings some footage may need size adjustments to fill the screen. 4:3 aspect ratio footage will become pillarboxed (black bars on either side of the image).
- Preselect all the clips in the timeline.
- From the top menu choose Modify > Scale to Sequence.
All the clips should now look correctly sized.
Add Pre & Post Roll
For the screening be sure to add some black at the start and end of the piece.
- In Final Cut click on the video generators tab and select Slug.
- In the top left corner of the viewer window type a duration of 3 seconds.
- Click and drag the black slug to the beginning of the timeline.
- Repeat from step 1 and add 5 seconds of black slug at the end of all the audio and clips.
- Go to File > Export > Quicktime Movie
- Name the file
- Last_First (example: Joan Smith = Smith_Joan)
- Leave all other settings at the default options and click Save.
- Quality check the file in Quicktime 7.
Post to Orca
Save the file (example: Smith_Joan.mov) to Workspace > Final Screening Drop Box