Random Faculty Assignment
From Help Wiki
(Redirected from Model A)
Random Assignment by class standing. Faculty would be assigned students of the same level
and would follow through their career. Students grouped by lower and upper division.
- Encourages broad liberal arts and interdisciplinary advising conversations and content
- Common experience for students to meet other students across the curriculum who are at the same
- moment in their UG trajectory.
- Least administrative overhead
- Potential to allow for team coordination by faculty advisors who are working with different levels of
- Frees faculty and students from presumptions about the advisor/advisee relationship
- Does the most to remove inequity from the process
- A great way to have students interact with disciplines they previously have not encountered
- Structurally doesn’t allow peer mentorship across levels within advising seminars
- Faculty anxiety around advising students whose interest fall outside of their areas of expertise
- Students’ anxiety around not being with faculty whose areas of expertise matches their areas of study.