Movie Files in Digital Performer
From Help Wiki
Digital Performer can open a movie file that will play along with the audio in the sequence.
Open a Movie File
- Open Digital Performer and create a new project.
- Save the project to the Storage drive with your name.
- Go to the Digital Performer menu and select Hide Digital Performer.
- In the Finder copy the movie file into your project folder.
- Click on the Digital Performer icon in the Dock to show Digital Performer again.
- Go to Project > Movie . The Choose a Movie File window will open. Find the movie file in your project folder and click Open.
- Double clicking on the Movie window will toggle it between the consolidated window and it's own window.
- To adjust the size of the window control click on the movie and switch between Half Size or Normal Size.
- To Import the audio into the sequence control click on the movie and choose Import Movie Audio
Bouncing to a Movie File
Digital Performer can bounce the mix of the sequence into a new movie file.
- Make sure that automation is enabled on all track that you are automating and that nothing is muted.
- Select the Sequence Editor and go to Edit > Select All.
- Go to File> Bounce to Disk.
- For File Format choose : QuickTime Export:Movie.
- For Source choose the stereo output the mix is using (for example Built-in Line Output 1-2).
- Give the file a name.
- Click Choose Folder to select where the file is saved. The default should be the Bounces folder for your project.
- Click OK. A window should appear showing the progress of the bounce.
- Watch the movie in QuickTime Player.