Olympus LS-100 Proficiency Test
Answers may be found in the Olympus LS-100 Multi-Track PCM Recorder Operating Guide Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency. Call 867-6253 if you have any questions.
- What is the point of formatting the internal memory of the recorder before you record audio?
- What are the steps you take in order to format the recorder correctly?
- What is the built in mic configuration on the recorder?
- What sub menus does the device offer in its menu system?
- What is the "Low Cut Filter"?
- How do you keep the display from turning off?
- What are the steps to enable the recorder two use to XLR inputs?
- How do you set the Time & Date of your files?
- Write the steps to insert a SD card.
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility when you checkout equipment from Media Loan?
(TO BE DONE DURING YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT )
- Turn the recorder on.
- Demonstrate how to navigate through the menus of recorder.
- Format the recorder correctly and prepare for recording.
- Connect headphones or speakers to line-out and playback your track.
- Plug preferred microphone to correct input.
- Set appropriate record levels for microphone.
- Record 30 seconds of audio.
- Demonstrate the difference between pausing and continuing to record and stopping and to create a new file when recording.
- Erase track.
- Show that you understand how to import your audio files from the recorder to the computer.