Parabolic Proficiency Test
Answers may be found in the Parabolic Microphone Kit guide. Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled proficiency. Please call Media Loan if you have any questions: (360) 867-6253.
- What is the purpose of using a parabolic microphone?
- List some general precautions with using this kit.
- How can you store the dish, and how can you clean it?
- Which way should you NEVER load the microphone into the zeppelin?
- What is the function of the stopper and when can you use it?
- Describe the differences between the two mic set-ups (forwards “old” and backwards “new”).
- If you check out this kit and it is lost, stolen or damaged, who is 100% responsible for the replacement costs of it?
These steps will be done during your scheduled proficiency.
- Set up the dish with the zeppelin and handle.
- Load the microphone the forwards “old” way.
- Plug it into a sound recorder and test it.
- Repeat the last two steps using the backwards “new” way.
- Demonstrate how to pack away the dish.