Pentax 645Z Medium Format Proficiency Test
This camera has restricted access and a proficiency test is required to check it out. Read the Pentax 645Z Operating Guide and use it as a reference to answer these questions. Bring your answers in to your scheduled proficiency at Media Loan or workshop. If you have any questions, you can call the Media Loan front desk at (360) 867-6253.
- Describe how to change the three exposure settings: shutter speed, aperture and ISO with the camera functions/buttons.
- What are some advantages of using a Medium Format camera (versus cropped censors, such as on the Canon Rebel)?
- What is the purpose of the “focus peaking” function and how do you activate it?
- Describe how to set custom white balance.
- What settings can you change with the Four-Way Controller?
- What is the purpose of the diopter? Why would you adjust it, and how?
- How do you change the AF (auto-focus) Area?
- Explain the three different types of metering modes for this camera.
- What should you do if debris gets on the censor or mirror of this camera?
- If your equipment is lost, stolen or damaged who is 100% financially responsible?
To be done during your scheduled proficiency at Media Loan or class workshop.
- Identify all the major parts and buttons.
- Demonstrate how to attach/change a lens.
- Adjust the shutter speed and ISO.
- Adjust the metering mode.
- Demonstrate two ways to adjust the aperture.
- Navigate through the settings under INFO.
- Set a custom white balance.
- Take a few pictures with at least two different drive modes.
- Take a few pictures with at least two different Custom Image settings.
- Navigate the MENU and format the memory cards.