DELETE Physical Computing - 3D Printers
From Help Wiki
(Redirected from Physical Computing - 3D Printers)
- For the summer 2016 quarter the 3D printers have been set up in the Library building L1523.
- On the first floor on the Library building walk past the Multimedia Lab and take a left at the garbage/recycling area. There is a sign labeled "24-Hour Suites".
- For more information contact Aaron Kruse, 360-867-6842 L1507.
- The 3D Printer room is scheduled at Media Loan.
- Media Loan is located at Library 2504 or you can call 360-867-6253.
- The room is available 24 hours seven days a week but you need to schedule time and checkout the key while Media Loan is open.
- Media Loan's summer hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9 am - 4 pm and Wednesday 9:30 am - 5:30 pm.
- Here is the scheduling policy.
- There are late fees for over due keys so return the keys on time.
- If you schedule time when the building is closed Media Loan will give you an extra key FOB to open the Library Building exterior door.
Makerbot Replicator 2
- There are 2 Makerbot printers. They are on carts so they can be taken to the Computing Center during class. Do not move them from the room.
- Load you files onto the printer with the SD cards.
- There is one Lulzbot Mini.
- Load files to it with the Cura application on the computer to the right of the printer.
The Other Printer
- There is a red 3D printer
- Only use if you have been instructed how it works.
- Use Cura with the Lulzbot.
- The Makerbot software is installed if you need to convert files.
- There is a memory card reader for loading files on to SD cards.
- It OK to prop the door open while printing is you are in the room or in the hallway.
- If you leave the area while printing make sure to close the door.