Purce Hall Classroom 6 & 8
From Help Wiki
LH6 and LH8 are the smaller classrooms of Purce Hall. They have a wall panel to plug in a laptop, an additional set of laptop connections in the floor, and view of the nearby outdoors.
- To turn ON the projector, press the display "ON" button.
The button will blink while the system starts.
- On the AV Control Panel, press the button for your source. A solid light indicates which source is active.
- If it seems to not work, you may need to hold the button for 2 seconds.
- Plug in your laptop to the wall panel with the provided cable. (either HDMI -or- VGA)
- Select wall panel on the AV control panel. The wall panel is self-switching, and sends whatever signal it receives to the projector.
- Do not attempt to use HDMI and VGA at the same time.
- The AV Mute will blackout the projection and silence the sound.
- Press to mute (the color will change), press again to unmute (the button color will turn back).
Remember to turn things off when you are done!
- Press and hold the OFF button for two seconds to shut down the system.
- - Does laptop have power?
- - Is data projector turned on? (try starting again, & call x6270)
- - Has the LED above where your computer is plugged in turned from amber to green? (If it didn't turn green, make sure the cables are plugged in all the way)
- - Is room volume on AV control panel turned up to show 3 lights or more?
- - Laptop: Is the volume on the laptop turned up and source selected? (HDMI button for HDMI connection, etc?)
Assistive Listening Procedures
- This room does not have integrated listening technology installed, but there is a microphone input jack and XLR or phono plug outputs on the panel.
- These can be used to connect an extra microphone and listening equipment, or self-contained listening equipment can be used.
- Please work with [Access Services] to coordinate an extended checkout of suitable listening equipment from Media Loan.