Scanning - Portable Scanners- -MML
From Help Wiki
There is one Epson scanner on cart that can be used with any computer in the lab.
Connect the Scanner
- Connect the scanner to the USB hub in the front of the computer.
- Plug the scanner power cord into the power strip on the right side of each table.
- There is also a power switch on the right side of the scanner.
- Open the application Image Capture
- Click Spotlight (the magnifying glass icon) in the top right of the screen and type Image Capture
- Select V600 in the top left
- Click Show Details
- Place the image on the scanner bed
- Click Overview
- Set Resolution to 300 DPI
- Use another resolution if needed
- Set Auto Selection to Off
- Drag a box around the part of the image to scan\
- For Scan To select Other
- Go to the desktop and select or make a folder as needed
- For Name enter the name for the file
- For Format choose TIFF
- Click the Scan button