Small Things - WordPress
You will post a short 3-5 minute audio podcast drawn from your interviews, accompanied by 2-3 photographs on the Small Things group WordPress site.
- Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
- Login to the Small Things site
Driving in WordPress
- Dashboard Overview - get comfortable navigating the Dashboard and moving between Admin and Public view
- Change your profile info: Name and Bio
Add a new post
- Use the +New > Post menu in the top Admin bar to create your first post
- Add your text to the content area
- Publish your post by clicking the blue Publish button on the right
Edit a post
- From the Dashboard go to Posts > All Posts and click the Edit button beneath the post you want to continue working on
- Make your changes in the content area
- Click Update in the Publish block to save your changes
You will be adding images to your post.
- File management: we will all be sharing a single media library. Make sure to use a unique file naming convention.
- Insert an image - add an image to the body of a post
- Use the built-in image gallery tool to add an image gallery to the main content area of the post. This image gallery will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
Use the Add Media button when editing your post and upload your audio file (in the .mp3 format) and insert into post. This will automatically create an embedded audio player with transport controls to play/pause your audio track.
- Wordpress.com Getting Started Tutorials - these tutorials are for working on wordpress.com but is nearly identical to using WordPress at blogs.evergreen.edu
- Lynda.com WordPress 3 Essential Training - this is another training geared towards using Wordpress.com but if you skip the account setup portion most of the rest is relalted to blogs.evergreen.edu