Ten most important things you should know about computer security
From Help Wiki
The Ten Most Important Things You Should Know About Computer Security on Campus
- Do not share your computer passwords with anyone.
- Do not write down your computer passwords in order to prevent others from finding them.
- Use strong passwords; use a minimum of eight characters, include numbers, change case
- Secure your machine by logging out or by using a password protected screen saver.
- Use secure network folders to save your data when possible
- Don't download or install software not related to your function at the college.
- Don't click on links or open attachments in e-mail messages that you were not expecting.
- Don't store personal identifiable information (SSN, birthdates, credit card number, etc..) on your computer or portable electronic devices.
- Don't trust anyone who asks for a password or personal infomation via e-mail or phone.
- If you think your college computer may have a virus, call the TSS Help Desk at ext. 6627