Venezuela - FCP Subtitles
- Create and position titles the the Outline Text generator.
- Save master text clip in the Browser.
- Use the master text clip to create each title.
- Export projects.
First we will configure all of the settings for a master title clip.
Here is an article with more detail of what is below.
Turn on Title Safe
- On the top of the Viewer click on the View pop-up menu and select Show Title Safe.
- Repeat for the Canvas window.
Using the Title Generator
- Drag a test video clip into a new sequence and then put the playhead at the beginning. . We need to test the tiles over a video clip.
- In the lower right corner of the Viewer click on the Generators button ( it looks like an 'A' in a filmstrip.
- Select the Text menu and then the Outline Text option. In the Viewer in will now display Sample Text.
- Click on the Title clip int the Viewer and drag it to the Canvas and select Superimpose.
- Double click on the title clip in the Timeline.
- In the Viewer click the Controls tab.
- In the Text field change the text.
- Select the font and size and needed.
- Set Line Width to 15 and Line Softness to 10.
- Change the Text Color if needed.
- For the Center settings enter 320 in the second field. Adjust as needed.
Adding a Drop Shadow
- Click on the Motion tab.
- Click the triangle next to Drop Shadow to see all the settings.
- Click the box to turn it on.
- Set the Offset to 1.5.
Creating the Master Title Clip
- Once you have the basic settings for the title, drag the title clip from the Sequence to the Browser.
- Give the clip a meaningful name.
Creating a Nested Sequence
If your project has a complicated timeline with lots of edits and tracks it might be easier to make a nested sequence to add the titles to.
- Go to File > New > Sequence.
- In the Browser name the new sequence.
- In the Browserdouble click on the new sequence to open it in the Timeline.
- From the Browser drag your final edit sequence into the Timeline of the new sequence.
- Open the sequence that needs titles.
- Set an in and Out point for the first section that needs a title.
- Drag the Master Title Clip from the Browser onto the Canvas and select Superimpose.
- Double click on the title clip in the Sequence to open it in the Viewer.
- Click the Control tab and change the text.
- Adjust any settings as needed.
- Repeat for each title.
Share can be used to export Sequences or burn them to DVDs.
- Select a sequence in the Browser. Hole down the Command key to select more than one sequence.
- Go to File > Share (Shift+ Command + E).
- If more than one sequence is selected the Share:multiple Sources window will open.
- Select Combine sources into one source.
- Fill in the Custom Name field.
- Check the Add Chapter Markers...box.
- Select Source Name for the Name Markers with setting.
- Select where to save by choosing the Destination Folder by clicking the Choose button at the top of the window.
- From the file type drop down menu select DVD.
- Click the Create DVD check box and fill in the Filename.
- Name the DVD in the Title field.
- A background image can be added by clicking the Background:ADD button.
- Click Export to export the file and burn the disc.
Export QuickTime Movie
If you need to export a file to be compressed or burned to a DVD in another program such as Toast or iDVD use this command.
- Select File > Export QuickTime Movie (Command + E).
- Leave the settings at Current Settings.
- Choose to export both audio and video.
- Check the box Make Movie Self Contained.
- Name the movie and save into your folder.