35mm SLR Camera Gear Guide
About Media Loan's 35mm SLR Cameras
Media Loan has three basic manual 35mm SLR camera models: Pentax K1000, Vivitar V3800N, and the Promaster. All models have: built-in through-the-lens light meter; bayonet K mount 50mm lens and hot shoe for flash. Adjustable for ASA/ISO film speeds 20 to 3200. Shutter speeds range from 1 to 1/1000 second and B (for "bulb", timed exposures). No self-timer is built in, but an adaptor is available for check out.
- Do not expose the camera to dust, dirt, extreme heat/cold, or mechanical shocks.
- Always wear the neck strap.
- Never clean the lens with anything but lens tissue and a tiny amount of lens cleaner (or bring back to Media Loan for cleaning). Never touch or clean the reflex mirror inside the camera.
- Keep the camera in its case and in a camera bag—especially around salt water (salt air mist will corrode the camera in a short period, resulting in expensive repair bills).
- Remember: You the borrower assumes full responsibility for loss or damage when you check out equipment.
Please Note: the exposure meter is activated every time you remove the lens cap. It is important you keep the lens cap on except when operating the camera. Leaving the lens cap off will gradually drain the battery, resulting in inaccurate exposure measurements. The lens cap also protects the lens from scratches.