5.1 Mix AV Cheat Sheet
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:35, 2 December 2015 by Vergaraz
- Turn on Main Power – Left rack at top.
- Make sure the toggle at the bottom of the left rack is set to NORMAL.
- Turn on Projector – PROJECTOR ON, top left rack on SWITCHER.
- Choose your video source on SWITCHER.
- Turn on (VHS) or connect your source i.e. laptop.
- VOLUME: Use the Yamaha Mixer located on the right top rack to control the volume. The Yamaha Mixer needs to be in Multi-channel mode.
Connect a laptop
- Connect the VGA cord to your laptop. Connect the other end of the VGA cord to the Laptop input located at the bottom of the left rack
- For audio connect the Mini 1/8 cord to the headphone output of your laptop and connect the other end to the LAPTOP AUDIO located just below the Laptop input
- Use the Volume knob on the mixer located on the top right rack and the volume control on your laptop to set your audio levels.
- Make sure the Yamaha mixer is in Cable/Sat mode by pressing he input mode button.
Monitoring 5.1 DVD-AUDIO or DVD-V
- Set Output on Grace Remote to DVD
- Set Yamaha Master volume to -10db, input DVD.
- Verify DVD output on switcher
- Select DVD on the Yamaha receiver input.
- Insert DVD Into Pioneer DVD Player
- Use remote to control DVD playback.
- Set main level on Grace Remote to listening level
- Use channel solo/mute controls to solo/mute channels
- Push audio toggle into down position ( "Mixer" )
- Select video source on switcher
- Control audio level through the Rane Mixer
- EG: to listen to the vcr and watch pic from DVD
- Audio Toggle to "Mixer"
- Set switcher to DVD
- Set input on Yamaha to Cable/Sat
- Bring up the VCR level on the Rane Mixer
- You are now listening to DVD video on the monitors and hearing the audio from the VCR/CABLE
When you are done, make sure you save your work to a user drive in a folder of your last name, and copy it off to a server, or write it to a drive. Shut Down
- Turn the Yamaha receiver down to MUTE.
- Turn the Grace speaker controller level to 0.
- Discard any files you have made, and shut down the computer from the menu.
- If used, power down the projector with the Switcher OFF button.
- Turn off the MAIN POWER switch at the top of the left rack.
- Make sure you take all your things, and check that the door locks.
- Return the key promptly to Media Loan.