5.1 Mix Digital Performer
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:20, 2 December 2015 by Vergaraz
Digital Performer Bundles
5.1 DP Overview Tracks
- You can make a new Track with 5.1 capabilities by going to the Project Menu - Add Track
- If you have an existing DP project that was mixed or recorded in stereo you can simply convert it to a 5.1 project by changing the outputs in your track or mixer window
Assign the outputs of your DP tracks
- Highlight all your tracks that you want mixed to 5.1
- Menu > Studios > Audio Assignments > Assign all selected tracks to this output > choose "analog 1 - 6"
- Or in your outputs pane in the Mixing Board window for each track you can click on it and change the outputs to 5.1, you should now see the circular surround sound controller for every track you choose
- Change your Master Fader track to 5.1 as well, you should now see 6 meters
- Move the "hockey puck" in the circular surround sound controller to each speaker channel and listen to each speaker (make sure the ADAM speakers on ON!)
- Click on the black button to the left of the 5.1 circle controller and open up the TRIPAN Panner plugin
- The TRIPAN Panner plugin has 2 views: the RED button option lets you drag the RED dot to either of the 5.1 spatial fields. The Meter button lets you adjust levels to each speaker and solo/mute each speaker. This function also lets you send this particular track to the LFE (low frequency sub woofer) by pushing up the send level to the LFE speaker.