5.1 Surround - COM 118
118 Surround Sound 5.1 Setup
- Check bundles for correct 5.1 channel placement
Speakers - L R C LFE LS RS Apollo Outs - 33 34 35 36 37 38
- Assign outputs of tracks and master to 5.1 output
-NEVE GROUP OUTPUTS (1-6) N17-22 → 118 SPL VOL. CTRL. INPUTS (L,R,C,LFE,LS,RS)V19-24 -118 SPL VOL. CNTRL OUTPUTS (L, R) U25,26→ 118 C/R SPEAKER INPUTS (L,R) V 26,26
- On the Neve, assign channels 17-22 to groups 1-6 in corresponding order. (ie 17 -> 1, 18 -> 2, etc.). These will be your 6 surround output channels.
- Make sure ‘tape’ button is pressed in on these channels!!
- Make sure all buttons are pushed in on the 5. on the SPL Surround Monitor Controller. Also make sure all other buttons are not pushed in.
*This controller will be your main Volume Control!!
- Bring up your levels in your project, the faders on ch. 17-22, and faders on groups 1-6.