Difference between revisions of "APS/AS Zoom H6n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test"
m (Williaas moved page Zoom H6n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test to APS/AS Zoom H6n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test)
Revision as of 11:05, 4 November 2019
Answers may be found in the Zoom H6n Audio Recorder Operating Guide.
Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency.
Call 867-6253 if you have any questions.
- What is the point of formatting the SD card before you record audio?
- What are the steps you take in order to format the SD card correctly?
- Name the different microphone inputs options on this recorder?
- In what setting would you use the MS and the XY Microphones ?
- How do you set the recording format?
- What format should you choose for a high quality recording and why?
- What is "Back Up Recording"?
- What are the different types of batteries you can insert in the Zoom H6n recorder?
- How do you use this recorder as an audio interface?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility when you checkout equipment from Media Loan?
(TO BE DONE DURING YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT )
- Turn the recorder on.
- Demonstrate how to navigate through the menus of recorder.
- Format the SD card correctly and prepare for recording.
- Plug/Unplug the XY mic correctly input.
- Plug an XRL mic to correct input.
- Record 30 seconds of audio.
- Connect headphones and playback your recording.
- Erase track.
- Show that you understand how to import your audio files from the recorder to the computer.