APS/AS Zoom H6n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test
Answers may be found in the Zoom H6n Audio Recorder Operating Guide. Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency. Call Media Loan at 867-6253 if you have any questions.
- What is the importance of formatting the SD card before you record audio?
- What are the steps you take in order to format the SD card correctly?
- Name the different microphone inputs options on this recorder?
- In what setting would you use the MS and the XY Microphones ?
- How do you set the recording format?
- What format should you choose for a high quality recording and why?
- What is "Back Up Recording"?
- What are the different types of batteries you can insert in the Zoom H6n recorder?
- How do you use this recorder as an audio interface?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility when you checkout equipment from Media Loan?
(TO BE DONE DURING YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT )
- Turn the recorder on.
- Demonstrate how to navigate through the menus of recorder.
- Format the SD card correctly and prepare for recording.
- Plug/Unplug the XY mic correctly input.
- Plug an XRL mic to correct input.
- Record 30 seconds of audio.
- Connect headphones and playback your recording.
- Erase track.
- Show that you understand how to import your audio files from the recorder to the computer.