APS Bolex 16mm Reflex Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:58, 21 April 2020 by Wsdr6715 (grammar)
Please read the APS Bolex 16mm Reflex Operating Guide to complete the written portion of test prior to in-person operational proficiency. Bring test answers to your scheduled proficiency, with your name and TESC ID number clearly indicated.
- What additional accessories do you need to check out in addition to the Bolex?
- List the four steps necessary to set the diopter adjustment.
- What kind of viewing system does the Bolex H16 employ? Describe how it works.
- How does changing the frame rate (frames per second/fps) effect the look of the film?
- What is the standard frame rate for shooting on 16mm film?
- Explain the difference between Bolex RX lenses and non-RX lenses. What do you need to do to compensate for the difference?
- Describe the difference between a bayonet mount and a turret mount camera.
- What is the function of the turret plug?
- List the steps necessary to load the camera.
- What is film fog and how can you avoid it?
- What should you always do before putting the Bolex away?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility in case of loss, or damage to the camera?
Operational Proficiency Test
- Identify all of the parts and control of the Bolex H16.
- Set the diopter
- Show how to wind the camera motor
- Demonstrate how to insert and change filters in the camera.
- Set the fps at 24, set the counter at 0.
- Observe the differences between slow and fast frame rates.
- Load film in the camera.
- Demonstrate how to create a lap dissolve.
- Demonstrate extended exposure and animation features.
- Display proper lens mounting on both the turret and bayonet mount cameras.
- Properly attach a cable release.
- Demonstrate how to use a rewind.
- Wind the camera down before putting it away.