Adding Users - WordPress
WordPress has the ability to let you create a group blog with multiple authors.
Create the blog
See how to create a blog.
- Login to your blog's dashboard
- In the navigation go to Users
- Type the Evergreen email address of the user you'd like to add. Note: They must have already created a blog or blog account at blogs.evergreen.edu
- Specify the role they should have and hit Submit.
- Administrator - An administrator can do everything. Complete power over posts/pages, comments, settings, theme choice, import, users - the whole shebang. Nothing is off-limits, including deleting the entire blog.
- Editor - An editor can publish, edit, and delete any posts/pages, moderate comments, manage categories, manage tags, manage links and upload files.
- Author - An author can edit, publish and delete their posts and they can upload files.
- Contributor - A contributor can edit their posts but cannot publish.
- They will receive an email with a link to confirm that they must follow before they are added to the blog.
All user posts will display on the front blog page in chronological order.
View Author Pages
Some themes will automatically generate author pages. Look for the author name on posts to be a link and click it to view a listing of all posts from that author. Note: Not all themes support author pages.