Difference between revisions of "Apple iOS Exchange Mail Setup"
From Help Wiki
m (Created page with 'Setting up Evergreen mail on you iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad) is easy and provides an elegant way to send and receive email from your Evergreen email account. ===To a…')
Revision as of 17:32, 13 December 2010
Setting up Evergreen mail on you iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad) is easy and provides an elegant way to send and receive email from your Evergreen email account.
To add an Exchange account to your iOS device
- tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain (evergreen.edu), username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like).
- Your iOS device will now try to locate your Exchange Server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. If it cannot locate the server, you will see the screen below. Enter your front-end Exchange Server's complete address in the Server field.
- Server = securemail.evergreen.edu
- Your iOS device will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange Server.
- Choose which type or types of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only three days' worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
- Note that after configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the iOS device is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your iOS device wirelessly with MobileMe services.