Art Time Narative - Photoshop-InDesign
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:13, 1 February 2011 by Greenea
Using the Epson scanners in the Computer Center. See: Scanning - Mac
- Scan one drawing from a station connected to a scanner
- Save as TIFF to your cubby on Orca. See: Connecting to Orca programs at File Space Overview
- Go back to your station and copy your scanned image to your local harddrive
Intro to Photoshop
Photoshop interface and navigating an image
- Open your scanned document in Photoshop
- Zoom: Cmd +/-
- Hand tool: Space Bar
- Image resolution and image size
- Image > image Size to see the overall size of your image
- You can set the image size to crop to in the properties bar i.e. 100 px (remember the px)
- File > Save as. Choose Photoshop as the file format. Note the .psd extension.
- Image adjustments located under Image > Adjustments
- Adjusting Levels can work to clean-up scanned drawings
- Working with Type - note the new type layer created
Intro to InDesign
InDesign is used to combine text and images in preparation for print.
- Copy the ATN-Template.indd template file from the Workspace folder of your program space on Orca
- Launch InDesign and open the template file from your local harddrive
Add an image
- File > Place to place your image
- To resize your image hold down the Command AND Shift key then grab a corner of the bounding box and drag to resize.
- Note what happens if you forget to hold down these keys...
Text wrap around an image
- Select the image and from the top properties bar choose the text wrap option you'd like