Canon Powershot Quick Guide
From Help Wiki
A proficiency test is not required to check out these cameras.
About Media Loans Canon Powershot Cameras
Media Loan carries a variety of Canon Powershot point- and-shoot cameras, each with slightly different features and interfaces. Operations with these cameras are generally alike. This handout will provide an overview of their similarities. First, here is the interface for the Powershot camera:
- Do not aim the camera directly into the sun or other intense light sources.
- Do not immerse camera in liquid or allow to get wet.Wipe dry with soft, absorbent cloth if exterior contacts liquid or salt air.
- Do not use, place or store in direct sunlight or in places subject to high temperatures such as the dashboard or trunk of a car.
- Do not place camera on speakers, electric motors or other equipment generating strong electromagnetic fields.
Shooting Mode Dial Use the shooting mode dial to switch between the shooting modes.
- Auto – The camera Automatically selects settings.
Image zone – The camera automatically selects settings according to the image composition type.
- Portrait – Use this mode when you want the subject to appear sharp and the background to blur.
- Landscape – Use this mode to shoot spacious landscape scenes.
- Night Scene – Use this mode to capture human subjects against the backdrop of an evening sky or night scene.
- Fast Shutter – Use this mode to shoot fast moving objects.
- Slow Shutter – Use this mode to shoot moving objects to make them appear blurred.
- SCN : Special Scene – Select from 8 scene modes to shoot with the most appropriate settings for the scene.
- Stitch Assist – Use this mode when taking shots that you want to combine into a panorama.
- Movie – Use this mode to shoot movies. Sound is also recorded simultaneously.
Creative Zone – The user selects exposure, aperture or other settings to achieve special effects.
- P – Program AE
- Tv – Shutter-speed priority AE
- Av – Aperture priority AE
- M – Manual exposure
- C – Custom
Switching Between Shooting and Playback
- To enter Shooting mode, slide the mode switch to the camera icon. To view images, slide the mode switch to the play icon.
Playback and Zooming
- Slide the mode switch to the camera icon, and using the left/right buttons move between images. To magnify an image, use the zoom lever. When zoomed, use the left/right/up/down buttons to move around the image. Use the zoom lever again to return to full view.