From Help Wiki
Revision as of 18:00, 13 February 2015 by Irishb
Help for Faculty and Staff
As of May 2014, The Evergreen State College has transitioned to using Canvas as our primary Learning Management System. See below for details, help, and how-to resources.
- What is Canvas? Course access and enrollment. Migrating content from Moodle.
- Walk through this self-paced online course for an overview of the Canvas interface along with some of the tools and features used in building a basic modules-based site.
- Includes a "Canvas Training for Faculty" page with schedule information and how to sign up for hands-on workshops.
- Supported Internet browsers and needed plugins. Canvas on mobile devices (Android, iOS).
- Creating a Home page. Adding files, links, and media content. Publishing your course.
- Using Announcements, Conversations, Discussions, the Calendar, and Scheduler to connect with students. Tools for providing students feedback in Canvas.
- Creating and administrating assignments, online quizzes, and surveys. Setting up question banks.
- Using Outcomes and Rubrics to communicate instructional objectives and achievement expectations. Using the Gradebook and SpeedGrader.
- Learn about the differences and similarities between the two systems.
- Detailed instructions for transferring content from your Moodle sites to Canvas.
- When using Canvas and you encounter an issue, click on Help in the upper right corner of the Canvas site.
- This opens a pop-up window with different help options such as:
- If you are unable to access/log in to Canvas, you can submit a help ticket to your Academic Computing team here or from the upper right corner of MyEvergreen.
Canvas Guide Topics
- Canvas Guide
- Canvas at Evergreen
- Technical Requirements
- Designing Your Canvas Course
- Canvas Site Templates
- Enrollment Information for Canvas
- Communication Tools
- Assignments and Quizzes
- Assessment and Grading Tools