[THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
The Evergreen State College currently uses Canvas as our primary Learning Management System. Canvas sites are available to all programs and courses at Evergreen and may be requested through Presence. You can access sites available to you through my.evergreen.edu.
A Canvas site can be created for any program or course offering, and use by Faculty is optional. Sites become available to students after they are "published" (made visible) by Faculty. Students will be enrolled 21 days before classes begin.
There are many advantages to using Canvas
- Post your syllabus and readings for your students, in compliance with copyright requirements.
- Use the Discussion feature for hosting online dialogues or peer review.
- Use the Media Content tool to provide students with feedback as an audio or video file.
- Use the Scheduler tool so students can sign up for Evaluation conferences.
Top Faculty Pages
- Faculty Canvas Tutorial
- Creating a Home Page
- Course Availability: Publishing Your Canvas Site
- How Enrollment Works
- Adding or removing students
Top Student Pages
- Student Startup Guide for Canvas
- Problems Accessing Canvas
- Working with Groups
- How to Post to a Discussion
- How to Add a File